Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Prezi...yes please! (es, ms, hs, tutorial attached)

Prezi is an online presentation software. It is a great alternative to Power Point but is a separate breed altogether. I was first introduced to Prezi by a professor while working on my Master's degree a few years ago. And, I'll admit, it took some bending of my brain to figure it out at first. But I was determined and created my first presentation immediately. I was enthralled! Where Power Point allows one to organize information into sequential slides, Prezi offers a blank infinite canvas with no direction or order other than what you decide to create. This may sound like an unruly mess already to those of you traditionalists, but embrace whatever traces of right brainededness (I know, not a word) you have and dive into Prezi. Take a look at one before you judge....and then get excited because it is awesome!















Think about your students creating one of these. Think of the higher order thinking skills it requires just to make one! My students love it and had it figured out quicker than I did! So if you are interested and want a more in depth tutorial than what is offered on prezi.com, then take a look at the tutorial at the link below...


https://www.evernote.com/shard/s167/sh/8a212c29-52f4-47a3-aa75-58ead9719336/213f5b8b4675fbec9ff0dc7381669212

Leave feedback : ) You never know who it might help!

No comments:

Post a Comment