Wednesday, October 3, 2018

🤯 Tuesday Tech Tip - iPhone's Merge Calls Feature!

That’s it. My absentmindedness has reached a pinnacle. So far, applying deodorant to my toothbrush, putting my dish towel in the refrigerator, partially driving into oncoming traffic, and forgetting my phone in random bathrooms has hurt NO ONE but me. Today, that changed……...I forgot my keys in Walmart in my haste, and it harmed another human being.

I left them at the checkout counter (and by counter I mean micro-space where the debit card machine yells at you). The ANGELIC and quick-thinking cashier IMMEDIATELY mounted a strong, intentional jog to yell at me to stop. Instead of catching me, though, she caught the pole in front of her and slightly knocked her own lights out. DID YOU KNOW THAT I NEVER KNEW THIS HAPPENED until AFTER the fact??!! Correct. I made it out to the car never knowing any of this transpired. When I swanned back inside to look,  I found this sweet person sitting in a chair, looking dazed, people standing around her, HOLDING MY KEYS IN HER HAND. People she does not get paid enough for that. I hugged her. I apologized a disgusting amount. I embarrassed myself, then awkwardly walked away. And then I realized….my husband has GOT to get better at relaying important messages to me. During this debacle, I was lost in deep thought (up to the point that I realized this selfless person was physically harmed at my doing) over a piece of news I found out later than preferred, and how I wish I could hear, firsthand, any information that is pertinent to him and me both. If that could happen, my absent-minded-factor would decrease, I just know it! I find things out DAYS sometimes WEEKS later that he SWEARS he has already told me. I will not, at this juncture, name all of his offenses. I will just lovingly say, I really should be present when he hears this information (ie: birthday party plans, family dinner plans, “Hey we are having visitors in 5 minutes”-type plans). Then I remembered one of my tips in the archives: the ‘Merge Calls” feature on my iPhone. This feature allows you to talk to 2 people at ONE TIME.  Here’s the steps---
ONE - I place a call to my husband
TWO -   I tap the + on my call menu for ‘add call’
THREE - I dial my mother-in-law which places my husband on a short hold
FOUR - Once I have her, I tap “merge calls”, which looks like this:

 ​
#boom---then I humbly ask her to repeat anything she has told him over the last week.
YOU ARE WELCOME! Stay diligent friends!~

No comments:

Post a Comment